What: D.C. Emancipation Day Great Debate When: 6 p.m., Saturday Where: The Lincoln Theatre, 1215 U St. NW Cost: Free, but you should register here. Why you should go: The debate is just one of a number of D.C. Emancipation Day activities taking … Read More
- Anniversary of MLK Assassination And The Riots That Changed D.C.
- Do We Still Need Black History Month? (Poll)
Today is my last day as the senior reporter for DCentric. It’s been a little over a year since I started writing for this blog, and I’m blown away at just thinking about all of the interesting topics I’ve had … Read More
- Can Wireless Tablets Bridge The Digital and Education Divide?
- Marion Barry: Breaking Down Race, Plexiglass And 'Dirty Shops'
D.C. was once called “Murder Capital.” In 1991, at the height of the crack epidemic, 479 people were murdered. But the end of 2011 brought good news: the number of homicides in D.C. had reached a 50-year low. The Washington … Read More
- Cupcakes and Bulletproof Glass
- D.C. Circulator Going East of the River in October
Psychology Today blogger and evolutionary scientist Satoshi Kanazawa set off a firestorm of tweets today with his post, “Why are black women less physically attractive than other women?”: A collection of local reactions, below the jump. [View the story "A … Read More
- Tweet of Two Days Ago
- Tweet of the Day, 03.31